Tuesday, April 21, 2009

San Rafael

This is the day we've been waiting for since early December. Yesterday we got the shipment of coffee from Colombia. It's San Rafael- the coffee that Alfredo Correa produced. Every time we've cupped this coffee, it has blown away everything on the table. I roasted it for the first time last night. And I just drank a press of it. It's really good. I think you're really going to like it.

I'm hoping to dial this in on the roaster and I think it will be one of the best coffees we get this year.

It's for sale today, so if you want a pound come get it. It's selling for (a very reasonable) $16 per pound. That's $14 on $2 Tuesday.
This is really exciting for me because it's the culmination of the first time we've been able to travel to origin, cup coffee, meet the farmer of the best, and buy that coffee. Alfredo is awesome, and I was lucky to stumble upon him. You're lucky too.

No comments: