Sunday, June 14, 2009

Colombia

Isaiah and I are headed to Colombia on Tuesday.  We'll leave that morning and arrive back here the following Tuesday night.  So one week.
We'll be flying into Medellin and visiting Concordia again.  Cristina Garces is helping us so much.  It should be a really great trip- Isaiah's first trip to origin.  There isn't much coffee being harvested right now, but Alfredo (Finca San Rafael) is holding off on some of his harvesting so we can see his mill working while we're there.  I think we'll stay with Guillermo again at his farmhouse, which is an amazing place.  Hopefully we'll go on a horseback ride through the coffee fields.  Probably get some pictures of coffee flowers blooming.  I hope we learn a lot and are able to bring that back to share with you.
I also hope we find more amazing coffee.  I'm really enjoying the San Rafael from the last trip, and I hope you are too.
Cristina told me about a project going on in Concordia right now that we might be able to help with.  They're building a school and playroom for the kids while their mothers work in the coffee fields.  It's being built in the poorest part of Concordia.  We'll see it while we are there, and I'll bring back as much info as I can attain.
I'm also hoping to meet up with a girl I met before who works for The Federation, overseeing the building of houses for poor coffee pickers.  
I'm pretty excited.  We'll have another Illuminati meeting when Isaiah and I return, and we'll tell you all about the trip.

No comments: