Monday, July 14, 2008

Making Progress

It's only been up for one day and already we have $10.50 per mile pledged to Coffee Kids.  I sure do appreciate your support of the cause, and I hope pledges continue to come in.  I remember hearing the founder of Coffee Kids speak at the SCAA Convention in May.  He said he used to be a coffee retailer and then he traveled to origin and saw the families that were producing the coffees he was selling.  And he came home and said, I can't sell another pound of coffee knowing that the people who produce it are paid so inequitably.  This is the same feeling that brought me to start the Coffee Illuminati.  And when I heard him say it, it really hit home.

This weekend I will drive to Colorado and run in a 50 mile race in Leadville.  It's on a different course than the 100 mile race, but it will be great training for the real thing.  I have been running, strength training, and jumping up and down in preparation for this leg-busting run - up and down the mountain trails first used for silver mining.

This weekend's race is called the Silver Rush 50.  Don't worry, 50 miles is a piece of cake (sort of).

1 comment:

Brian said...

I meant to mention, a couple blogs have posted entries about our Leadville 100 / Coffee Kids fundraiser.

Check out Mike Petrucci's blog, Coffee Noob.

And the Coffee Kids blog has a little write-up.