Friday, August 1, 2008

Leadville Course Profiles


Thought I'd post this illustration.  It's a little hard to make out, but I think you'll get the drift.  I stacked the course profiles on top of each other from the Silver Rush 50, which I just completed, and the Leadville 100, which is August 16.  The black line, which is considerably higher for most of the race, is the 50.  It goes up to 12,000 feet a few times.  The red line, which is lower except for the huge climb up Hope Pass (12,600 feet), is the first 50 miles of the LT100.  At the end of it, I turn around and re-trace my path.  

Hopefully this illustration tells me that the first half of the hundred will be considerably easier than the Silver Rush, and since the elevations are a lot lower, maybe I won't get altitude sickness.  

Also, I'm planning to go out a few days early to try and acclimatize.

Haven't seen any new pledges recently, so tell your friends.  I want to feel compelled to keep going, and raising more money for Coffee Kids is the thing that will do it.

No comments: